As part of the AWS Migration journey, initiated by iGA, MYS decided to migrate their Webservers, Content Management Servers, Batch server, Work flow servers and the underlying Database to AWS. As a pre-requisite to the applications migration, their AD was extended to AWS for authentication purposes.
As like other on premises application MYS also facing below challenges:
• Not knowing the approximate amount of storage required for the upgrade process.
• Some of applications will need to be deployed and dropped multiple times.
• The users need to access the UAT environment from anywhere.
• Upgraded database version compatibility with upgraded application is not clear and will need be tested extensively.
• OS compatibility with application needs to be tested and confirmed may require multiple OS reinstallations.
• Leading public cloud provider.
• Pay as you go approach.
• AWS free tier.
• Fast Deployment.
The entire migration was meticulously planned and migrated within a short timeline. The test environments were migrated initially which gained MYS’s confidence on accessing their applications without any performance degradation from on premise infrastructure.
Upon gaining confidence from their test results, the decision to migrate the production instances were instantaneous. The Production instances were migrated seamlessly without any interruption to their live services and impact to the users.
The MYS selected Almoayyed Computers to assist it with moving workload into AWS because of its demonstrated expertise in architecting and implementing solutions on AWS for the public sector. Expert team Almoayyed computers present with all important services with best practices.
Services to be used for achieving solution.
Duration: - 3 Month (4-Sep-18 to 8-Jan-19)
MYS has their application hosted in a more robust and rigid platform as compared to their earlier Infrastructure at a much reduced cost. MYS has also achieved the flexibility of turning down the test instances during out of office hours automatically using the AWS Lambda Service which essentially reduces their Costs for only their effective usage and not a fixed cost.
• Cost optimization By Auto stop/start Test environment
• Zero commitment all the services can be dropped after the project completion.
• Ability to provision multiple instances on the go for application upgrade testing.
• Ability to resize storage on the go.
• Base AMI creation for each OS for compatibility testing.
• Ability to provision multiple databases with different versions to test compatibility.
• User accessibility all the users can access the application even from outside the premises without the need of setting up physical network to support the application.
• Security, Flexibility, Scalability, Durability, Performance, Lower cost